Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First Post - Who is Frank?

The title of this post is the first lie of this blog. It is obviously not my first post here. The first one was a nod to my wonderful wife. Just as she often "suggests" what I wear when I venture outside of the house (because one apparently shouldn't wear horizontal and vertical stripes together), she desperately wants this place to look presentable. We will keep working on that.

The title of the blog is a nod to my entire family that collectively have said this particular phrase countless times. The whole phrase is actually "T, as in Tom...O...P, as in Paul...L...I...F, as in Frank, F, as in Frank. No, not 'S'. Two F's. Frank...Frank". Passed down from generations of Topliffs, I have now subjected my wife to it and we will begin teaching the phrase on Grace as soon as she learns how to order things from the Pottery Barn catalog. Unlike her mother, Grace has the chance at parole if she can manage to marry someone with simpler name, but that is many years of frustration (on all of our parts) away.

The purpose of this place is to give me a spot to write about things that do not belong in Grace's baby book. Many people that have enjoyed reading about Grace have asked for more from me, this is my attempt at making them eat their words.

Enjoy!

-Brad

No comments: