Wednesday, October 29, 2008

bye bye bejing

It has been a long 10 days and I am finally heading home.

I can honestly say the have the best (and worst) duck feet I will likely ever try. Last night we had the best meal yet, partially because no one handed me a menu and made me choose the least weird-sounding thing. We had the famous and delicious "Peking Duck" (Beijing is the town formerly known as Peking) served in a formal, multi-course process. They are famous enough that they issue certificates for each duck. We ate #944579 and 80, though I am not sure if and how that is an audited since they opened in the late 1800's. We can just assume nearly a million ducks served. Maybe they should find the millionth duck and set it free.

I'm blogging on my blackberry on the way to the airport so I can't see the pictures that I put in below but they should be shots of the tourist highlights that we saw over the weekend.

In there you will see the Emporer's Summer Palace which is a beautiful spot on a lake that couldn't help but include JetSkis in the US. There is also the Great Wall that sufficiently lived up to its name and included a mile long slide to get down.




MVI_1125
Originally uploaded by Lincoln Topliff

No comments: