Thursday, July 16, 2009

An author in the family


Here I thought Jenn's cousin was just a law professor, but now I find out that he is about to become an author as well.  The amazing part (for me) is that he wrote a book that I would have been unable to not buy even if I didn't know the author.  A few years ago, I read Benjamin Franklin by Walter Isaacson and sprouted a huge respect for the founding fathers, the American Revolution and history in general.  I wish my history teachers had been able to show me the reality in their stories instead of a history textbook and some woodcut drawing.  Anyway, the book is Unlikely Allies: How a Merchant, a Playwright, and a Spy Saved the American Revolution and it looks really good.  Also, the success or failure of a book is now driven by Amazon presales (something I just learned) so if you know any history aficionados, pick up a copy or two, I can get it autographed.

No comments: